With the government recently issuing a mandatory stay-at-home order, you may find yourself with an extreme case of cabin fever. Here is a countdown of 10 super entertaining shows and movies that will help you pass the time.
10. Tiger King - This documentary explores the crazy world of the big cat industry in the United States. The characters are so outlandish that I wasn’t sure whether I was watching a documentary or a realistic fiction show. After it was aired, twitter exploded with loads of conspiracy theories which I recommend checking out afterward.
9. The Mandalorian - This show is another Star Wars spinoff centering around a mysterious bounty hunter. He goes rogue after discovering Baby Yoda and travels all over the galaxy trying to protect him. The Baby Yoda memes are also worth a look.
8. The Last Dance - This documentary shines a light on the extraordinary challenges faced by Michael Jordan and the 1997-98 Bulls on the way to their 6th championship in 8 years. It also unearths never-before-seen footage of Jordan during this time period. LeBron’s claim to being the GOAT definitely took a hit after this series dropped.
7. The Society - This series falls under the science fiction genre and focuses on a high school class that goes on a field trip and finds their parents to have vanished when they return home. They have to set up their own government and choose their own leaders, and must face challenges that they never imagined they would have before. It’s got plenty of suspense, betrayals, and evil plots - everything you need for a good teen drama show.
6. Miracle in Cell Number 7 - This Turkish movie is about a man with a mental disability who is falsely accused of murdering a commander’s daughter. He must face odds that are clearly stacked against him to earn his freedom. The relationships he builds with his cellmates makes this film very touching.
5. All American - This show is about a high school football player named Spencer James who moves from Crenshaw to Beverly Hills to increase his chances of being scouted. There’s a great contrast created between the two very different environments he has to balance, and the writers create a storyline that can be enjoyed by sports fans and others alike. Season 2 has great plot twists that take the show to another level.
4. Game of Thrones - This classic show revolves around a medieval quest for power. Members from different families vie for the Iron Throne through vicious wars and devious deceptions. Despite a slightly underwhelming final season, this show will forever be one of the best of all time.
3. Money Heist - This Spanish show is about a group of bank robbers who attempt to pull off the greatest heist in the history of Spain. Led by the Professor, a criminal mastermind, the group stays one step ahead of the police at every turn. The complexity of the plots and the intricate relationships created within the group make this show one of the most entertaining I have ever watched.
2. You - This psychological thriller explores the life of Joe Goldberg, a man who seems like your average New Yorker, but in reality is an avid stalker. This show is absolutely nuts and is filled with plot twists of all shapes and sizes. Season 2 was one of the best seasons of television I’ve ever watched, and has fans itching for season 3.
1. Breaking Bad - This show is a classic. It’s about a high school chemistry teacher named Walter White who is diagnosed with cancer and decides make his last few years of life a little more interesting by teaming up with one of his former students and becoming the biggest meth dealer in New Mexico. Walt’s constant struggle with the other drug lords of the area and his brother-in-law who works for the police makes this show, in my opinion, the greatest of all time.
I hope these shows and movies help make everyone’s quarantine a little more bearable!